23 August 2007

Kairos


I've been working on Baggage all day. Made some good progress with the language, the prose aspects. Spent time finding more specific ways to convey different aspects. And I've been integrating everything from random musings to dreams into the book, too. Snippets of conversations that play out in my head when I'm about to doze off....

I discovered this fabulous word today::: Kairos. (kay-ross). It's an ancient Greek word meaning the "right or opportune moment" or "God's time." It's that undetermined time "in between" linear time in which something "special" happens....i used it in the manuscript today, even though i knew most people would have no idea what it meant.

Ironically, it resonated with me so much because i feel i am in Kairos lately.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: