12 December 2007

Used by the Muse


image Clowns With Ice Cream (C)KJB


Used by the Muse
aren't we vessels, after all?
don't we pretend to be God-you're-Talented
when really we are only functional?
The harsh truth is:
our best work is the work of another-
perhaps another greater consciousness, yes
but of another
and credit is left
flapping in the creative wind
on the bulletin board
of universal notoriety
and we are only functional
dammit.
Creative people understand that there is a source of creativity that does not seem to reside within us, but is rather originating from a place other than self. We are responsible for what we do with that idea, how we allow it to manifest, but not the idea itself. To fully comprehend this concept we must sidestep the ego. This is often the biggest challenge we face as humans. It's very much like seeing the result of something without considering the cause. If I have an interesting idea, and I write a story centered on that idea, and I receive compliments on that story, I must remain aware that even though the idea seemed to originate within some machination of my own mind, it's AUTHENTIC origination is from somewhere else. My higher consciousness? the universal consciousness? When I recognize it was actually given in some way, then I can't honestly accept all the credit. But that's what we usually understand about the process. I created it, therefore, I am worthy of the credit.
Many people throughout history have had the same idea without ever having known each other, nor had access to that idea beforehand. Is is because similar organs produce similar results? If one brain thinks of it, can another brain think of it simply by virtue of physiology? OR is there a deeper truth to be had, here? If we accept the postulate that we are all conduits for some other greater source, then we must also accept that we are part of that greater whole. We are each a smithereen in the great explosion of Oneness. We're all little "onenessess." (forgive me. Had to.)
In that sense, then, we only have control over the way in which we allow what we're given to manifest. That's the point at which the individual credit resides. I can create something ugly from that idea, or something beautiful. I can share it, or keep it to myself. This is my contribution, then. This is what makes me and everyone else unique: how we choose to manifest what we are given.
Choose wisely, friends.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: