10 February 2010

New Review of Armchair Detective

New Review of Armchair Detective on weRead


BRAVO! Kelli Jae Baeli, Armchair Detective had me captivated from beginning to end. I really hope you plan on doing a sequel to this book as I'd love to read more about Jobeth O'Brien and Phoebe McMasters. Jobeth O'Brien is a paper delivery girl trying to make ends meet. She wants to be a private investigator, so studies this in her 'off' time. Phoebe McMasters is a rich, lonely housewife who is married to a not so nice man. Phoebe and Jobeth have a chance meeting when Jobeth is delivering Phoebe's paper. They soon become firm friends then lovers. Jobeth takes on an 'unofficial' PI job from a man who is being blackmailed. This leads to some very sticky situations as Jobeth tries to help him. The graphic descriptions of these characters made me sit on the edge of my seat, hardly containing myself, wanting to know what is going to happen next. I found myself laughing, crying and holding my breath with Jobeth and Phoebe. I felt like I was there with these ladies experiencing all that they saw and did. As the plot got more intriguing, I found I couldnt just put this book down, I HAD to read more. This is definately one of my favourite books.
~Jo Cincotta,
Australia


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: